Can't find a 13 mm allen wrench

Peter Berrevoets pjberr at
Fri Sep 7 14:21:05 EDT 2001

You don't 'need' to remove the inserts to replace the injectors.

You will, if the plastic shroud that fits on the bottom of the brass insert
is broken, but otherwise it's not going to be a big deal. The 13mm allen
head is usually available at specialty shops that supply industrial fittings
and such. Look up industrial tool supply in the local yellow pages.
Alternatively I found mine at an industrial hydraulic hose specialty shop
that also carried tools as well as specialty hardware stores that carry
fasteners of all shapes and sizes.

Cisco Industrial Supply and Brafasco here in Toronto are such places that
carry these tools.

Or wave down a snap-on or mac tools truck when you see one near your local
garages. They will sell you tools and are likely to carry those 'odd' sizes.




Peter Berrevoets
1990 200TQ
Toronto, Canada

> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: quattro-admin at
> >[mailto:quattro-admin at]On
> >Behalf Of Kevin Clinton
> >Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 6:56 PM
> >To: audi posting
> >Subject: Can't find a 13 mm allen wrench
> >
> >
> >Getting ready to replace injectors.  Postings indicate that
> >I will need a 13 mm allen wrench to remove the brass
> >inserts.  Local auto parts stores and Sears don't carry this
> >tool. Suggestions?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Kevin
> >89 200 QT
> >
> >_____________________________________________________________
> >Do you drive an Audi and Love it ?
> >
> >
> >100s of FREE email addresses --->
> >
> >

More information about the quattro mailing list